I don't really write here anymore. But I'm still steady-bloggin' here, writing travel stories here, tweeting here, looking somewhat professional here, and homepaging here.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Hipster Grifter

Right before I left New York in October, I met a girl who was kind of weird. I thought she was interested in me sexually, but then it turned out she wasn't. She kept calling me up, and I was like. Stop. I'm trying to hang out with my real friends before I leave instead of weird chicks.

As it turns out shes a felon.

http://www.observer.com/2009/style/hipster-grifter

And a notable grifter (a petty swindler.)

I made a terrible 'drunk pilot' with my friend Rich, when he came to New York. She appears in it at 1:20.


Mini Sex Cops from JoshuaHeller on Vimeo.

PS a drunk pilot is when you get drunk and come up with a concept for a tv show, each time they turn out pretty badly.

1 comment:

Scott said...

oh man, there she is! Can't believe you knew/know her. After reading the article I sent it along to my brother who had a run in with a similar grifter (although not of Korean ancestry) who ran THE EXACT SAME SKAM! I wonder if there is some website where they trade "trade secrets". You have contacts in journalism, lets find out!

Popular Posts